The biggest news for the start of the new year is that the library doors now are open also on Mondays from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
But there are many more interesting events planned for January apart from our weekly programs such as Let Them Play, a parent/child hangout Tuesday morning, Knit Happens, the knitting group which gets together on Wednesday mornings in the library and on Saturday morning, Storytime reading and crafting for preschoolers.
Here is a list of events to put on your family planner:
- Wednesday, Jan 17 at 6:30 p.m., Gardening in Winter. If you are eager to keep gardening, don’t miss out on this informative talk that offers useful tips and tricks to help you get through the winter.
- Thursday, Jan 18 at 1:30 p.m, From the Stacks. Our reading and conversation event for adults and seniors. The book we read is O.W. Mitchell’s Who has seen the wind and there are more surprise performances on their way.
- Wednesday, Jan 24 at 6:30 p.m., Movie Night with COS for adults. This time Oppenheimer is on the program.
- Thursday, Jan 25 at 6:30 p.m., Come to the library to enjoy Yoga Poses and Prose. Bring your own mat and end the day in the stacks for a selection of readings and a rejuvenating yoga session.
- Wednesday, Jan 31 at 6:30 p.m., Nutrition on a Budget. Join Terri-Lynn Duffy to learn some useful tips on how to make healthy choices while staying within a budget.
- Thursday, Feb 1 at 1:30 p.m. Back to From the Stacks and our reading community on Thursday afternoon.
- Thursday, Feb 15 at 6:30 p.m. Visible Mending Get ideas and inspiration to extend the life of your clothes while adding some pizzazz to them!
The Library Book Club
We have heard many requests for a book club organized by the library. And we listened to you. 2024 will have a Book Club session in the library every month.
The first evening will be on Thursday, Feb. 22 at 6:30 p.m. in the library and the book discussed will be The Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams. We have ordered in copies of the book for you. Come and pick one up after Jan. 10, read the book and join in the discussion on Feb. 22.
The Library Book Club is open to all members of our community. Every month we will be covering a different genre and if you are interested you can pick up a copy at the library ahead of time and join the discussion evening later. The next genres are Adventure (March) and LGBTQIA2S+ (April).
If you are a member of a private book club, do you know that we can order in books for you in bulk (given there are many copies of it in our TRAC system)?
Please come and see us way ahead of your book club date to discuss how we can help you to secure the desired book for your book club.